Thursday, January 29, 2009

HAD TO BREAK OUT FOR A GOODWILL RUN!

After being iced in for 2 days here.. On the way home from Corporate America .. Had to stop by for a little Goodwill junking!
and LOOK.. LOOK AT THE TREASURES I FOUND!!
I bought this cake pedestal - 3 bucks! Brought it home and put my one of my many silver jewlery boxes on top, with some of my silver jewels, faux pearls and there you have it! Looks cute huh? The red mirror was green .. I found at a garage sale this past week-end for $1 so I gave it a coat of Ruby Red.

Love this wooden serving trays.. The cream one I am going to paint up.. so be watching for the "AFTER" photo of that to come and the other one I love like it is.. Will put on the patio table in the summer! Both of them 2 bucks!

and finally -- the little vase with the yellow flowers! Was drawn to it! Was not marked nice lady at counter .. 50 cents! and of course I had to set it atop Grandma's luggage!

Goodwill was a highlight of my day ... But I have to say the true highlight - was lunch with my dear friend Denise! Denise is leaving the company after 9 years. Out of those 9 years, we worked on the event team for 5 years together. We have traveled many miles, worked many trade shows, golf events, sales kickoff's, we have graduated our kids from College, witnessed the birth of grandbabies, witnessed each other's second marriages, ate tons of Mexican food, and laughed until we cried about our crazy jobs, and have had many many memories, and celebrations. Denise, if you are reading this .. you rock and you have forever changed my life! I love you dearly! Here's to you girlie!
Peace to all..
Valarie

2 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

My Goodness; you sure it the jack pot at the Goodwill. I love going to ours, it is so much fun looking for the prefect thing to make our homes lovely and comfy.....

Hugs;
Alaura

Mimi Sue said...

You got some great things. Love that aqua suitcase. Mimi

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin