Saturday, January 10, 2009

Featured in Creative Home!

Happy Saturday!!
My Master Bath is in Creative Home. The Spring issue hit stands today.


I have attached the most recent photo's. The photo above was sent in May.
The bathroom was a total gut and remodel, with the exception of the clawfoot tub, it was in the home when I bought the house (which was a duplex) in 2002.
The glass fronted cabinet was custom built and brought in.
Beadboard installed, glazed and painted black.
The vanity is not exactly what we wanted .. but went with a builders model from Lowe's... so I could splurge on the floor. The floor is octagon subway tile. Love it.. Keep in mind the floor had to be rebuilt to withstand the weight of the tile.
Another splurge were the fixures for the clawfoot tub.
The mirror above the vanity -- I love it!! Pottery Barn.
Black frames I picked up on side of curbs, Goodwill, garage sale.
If you notice inside the center black frame those are old vintage razors. Bought at an estate sale.. so I had the brainstorm to hang inside the frames.
The chandelier I bought one week-end at a junk store on the way down to Nacogdoches to visit my son in college.. I paid $35 for it.. It was glossy GOLD!! She is a beauty now.. added the shades and prism's!
The relax sign hanging above the mirror over the vanity is an old kitchen cabinet door, I added vinyl lettering!




Hope you enjoy the photo's!
Joy!
Valarie

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! That is AWESOME!!! How exciting and SO deserving! I love your master bath! I'll get this issue and celebrate with you!
Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Congrats Val!!! You deserve the cover! I know how hard you have worked. Love~ Michele

Cindy said...

Congratulations!!! You must be having a lucky streak because you just won my giveaway! The teapot is yours...just email me your mailing address and I'll send it out this week: cindy95131@yahoo.com

Virginia said...

How exciting!!!Your bathroom is adorable, lots of great ideas.
Will be back to visit.
Have a Blessed and Happy Sunday,
Virginia :)

Terri Steffes said...

Found you at Cindy's... congrats on the photo shoot... what a coup!

Magnolia Memories08 said...

Hey Valerie I have just came across your blog. Congrats on your bathroom being chosen to appear. How wonderful.I am a Mississippi girl just meeting blog friends. Please stop by.
Have a great day.
Vikki

Sue said...

love love love it--------great job.

I can't say enough---it should be in published.


Sue

Nicole ~ said...

You have done an amazing job on that bathroom! It is so great that you are being featured in Creative Home magazine; I am very excited for you. I will be sure to pick up a copy.

Nicole~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

This is awesome. You've done a beautiful job. I love the chandy and all the glassware. The claw foot tub is wonderful. I hope you're having a super Sunday.
hugs ~lynne~

Unknown said...

I love those chandy shades, where did you get them? mishelle

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Congratulations. I am sure you are thrilled at being in a magazine. Your bathroom is beautiful and I love the RELAX sign!

Anonymous said...

Hi Valarie! I was at Cindy's blog and she said you had won her giveway and wanted to come and see you! Oh, congratulations on your bathroom being featured in the mag! It's so awesome. I love what you've done and am so proud for you! Congrats on winning the teapot, too!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your master bath is amazing. I love the Relax. sign and the chandelier is awesome.

Lisa

Four Paws and Co said...

Congratulations! This is so beautiful & you had such amazing ideas! Wow - I'm so inspired to tackle one of our ugly bathrooms! ♥ Diane

Four Paws and Co said...

Oh & congrats on winning Cindy's teapot too!

Hopechest Bride said...

Congrats! I think you did a wonderful job with your bathroom.
Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Valarie,
I met you and your sweet husband at First MOnday....
Your bathroom is just so pretty ... . well your whole home is just perfection....I sure can picture a Yard Conservatory there in you lovely yard...
HUgs
Linda

Melissa Lester said...

I read about your good news on Cindy's Romantic Home and wanted to stop by to say congratulations. I will be sure to look for your issue on the newsstand!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

What a great job this deserves to be in a magazine. Congrats!

Sassy said...

I found you through Cindy's Romantic Home...I ♥ your bathroom and what a great place to RELAX! How did you attache your silver dishes above your tub for your towels...Love that!!!!

Tootsie said...

OMG!!!! THAT'S YOU????? I bought that issue and was drooling over these photos!!!
congrats girl!

Karen said...

That is a really neat find! It looks great, too! I enjoyed your blogs, too, and I will also be back to yours!! Karen

The4Rs said...

Hi, love your blog and the new silverstream you arelooking at! I am jealous, I would love to find a cutie and refurbish it. How did you get included in a magazine, do they contact you? Just curious...Thanks for recently joining my blog too, I am running a linky contest, I extended it, tell your readers...

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

This is fantastic news!! Your bathroom is gorgeous and soooooo
creative!

xo
Becky

Tammy @ Type A said...

that is crazy! i love it, congrats on the feature. the bathroom is gorgeous!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin