Friday, September 27, 2013

Kitchen Makeover... "MY" Cottage Style

A few years back we did a little decor make-over on the kitchen... GO HERE!  
We did some painting and added a chalk board - nothing major 

My wish list was countertops white river granite, beadboard backsplash, stained glass window and plantation shutters, crown molding above my cabinets... to name a few of the things I was dreaming of for my little cottage kitchen... 

BEFORE - 

BEFORE..... No beadboard back splash 

BEFORE.... No crown on top of cabinets... my burlap curtain blog here... 

Wanted to paint my red wall and get a new mural... in this photo they had just finished beadboard 

BEFORE.... Sorry for iphone picure.. no beadboard here.... 

Added beadboard 

Added beadboard back splash - huge difference... 

Added beadboard on end cabinets, new plantation shutter over kitchen sink with stained glass above shutter 

Bigger photo of the kitchen now... Yes, I am addicted to chandeliers.... Yes, that is 4 in the kitchen area!! 

The white river countertops were out of my budget.... SO kept what we had... it's fine, they are very durable... 
Love the clean, simple look, I am NOT a fan of clutter... 

1950 vintage cannister set my friend gave me one year for my Birthday... 

No more red wall, and new mural -- Meet Henry!! 

Henry was my great grandmother's last name....

There are memories of her and my grandmother through out my home... so, Henry was the only name discussed for our new addition to the kitchen...

Thanks for stopping by!

Valarie 




Pin It

4 comments:

paperjunk-lc said...

Valerie,

Love the new addition! My grandmother had a set of those canisters but her's were turquoise. Have a great weekend.

Lucinda

Mecky said...

It looks wonderful.
I am still waiting for crown molding on my cupboards. The bead board is a perfect touch!
Henry is pretty cool!!

Stacey said...

Valarie, your kitchen is wonderful! It's all fresh and perfect now. Love love love Henry!!

jmac said...

Love Love Love!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin