Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Goodwill finds....



Hit my favorite Goodwill today and look what I found! 2 of the three new hurricane vases. I have been on the lookout for them to use for Christmas decor for the dining table. I was thinking  of filling them w/christmas balls, candles, fruit, candy canes, glittery pine cones, glittery words, Christmas ribbon etc......  The list is endless! So for tonight - I just had to share with you - inside the hurricane vase is a smaller crystal glass and in the larger hurricane vase is a smaller crystal hurricane candle lamp.  What else can we put inside them????
Thoughts????
PS.. THE WINNER OF THE PEACE SIGN EARRINGS...... Susan!! 
Blessings to all..
Valarie

7 comments:

southerninspiration said...

You can put white pearly marbles or you can use rock salt....almost looks like snow. There is also a fake snow that you can buy at hobby stores...you add water to it. You can also get clear multi faceted beads and use as a filler! The possibilities are endless!

I cannot believe you found those at Goodwill!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow!
Suzanne

mzzterry said...

congrats to susan. enjoy those earrings!!

great find valarie....the possibilities are virtually ENDLESS as to what you can put inside! I would put my vintage Christmas ornaments in one.....or really shiney red balls (maybe even beads). You will find something beautiful to do, you always do.

Tootsie said...

awesome finds!

Six in One Hand said...

I love the look of snow in a hurricane with a simple white pillar candle. I think it's timeless and serene.

paperjunk-lc said...

I guess I'm going to start going to Goodwill. That's a great find. So much you can do with those.

Hey, I just got my PW cookbook. Can't wait for the signing.

Anonymous said...

Jealous--those are very cool Goodwill finds. Stumbled onto your blog this evening and enjoyed it very much. Love your cute cottage!
Sue
www.brandnewday.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Hey I love the awning for the shasta oh! what fun!!!!So cute.
Enjoyed your visit Love you, Mama

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin