Thursday, November 5, 2009

Back in the swing of things!!

Can't keep a good girl down for long! One of the ways I deal with stress is baking! I so wish all of you were my neighbor and could enjoy the fruits of my labor!
You will need these ingredients
PUMPKIN PIE CAKE
1-15 oz can pumpkin
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup sugar
1- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice OR 1/2 tsp cinnamon & 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
2 sticks margarine (melted)
Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Mix pumpkin, eggs, salt,milk, spices, and sugar. Pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture, press with a spoon. Add chopped pecans. Pour melted margarine over pecans. Bake for one hour at 350 degrees. The cake will set up once it cools. *** Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream OR cool whip*** Bon Appétit! Valarie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Valerie. I wanted to come by and tell you thank you for the Halloween goodies you sent me in your giveaway. I got them yesterday and didn't get a chance to let you know. I love the lanterns and the caution tape.

This recipe looks so yummy. I'm gonna have to try this one. I baked today too. It must be the fall weather getting us all in the baking mood.

Thanks again...Tracy

Dawn said...

Mmm that looks so good, glad to hear your back in the swing of things!
Hugs,
Dawn

Darlene said...

YUM that looks delicious!!! I wish I WAS your neighbor!!!

Mizz Gotrocks said...

Best of luck to you with your job! I have followed your site for quite some time...I am also a fellow Texan. I live in the FtWorth/Dallas area.
I just copied your Pumpkin Pie Cake recipe...sounds delicious!
Best Wishes....Dee

Christine said...

Keep cooking!
I enjoy the pictures and recipes.
Any word?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin