Monday, November 9, 2009

Banana Banana Bread!



Good evening all,  

Tonight I made Banana Banana Bread for a little thank you gift for the teachers that teach my grandson. These women are saints.. so I thought I would make 'em a little snack for the morning break!   

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.



While the bread was cooling- I decorated these little cellophane bags- added a few teacher stickers- tied them up with my favorite ribbon and homemade tag!  Show some kindness to our educators! (A bit partial to teachers.... my baby girl teaches special ed for DISD!)  
Have a great evening!
Valarie  









3 comments:

Christine said...

Yummy! Teachers can always use a pick-me-up. I'm a little partial to educators (I work in a school).

Keep Baking! I know it's great thearpy.

Deb said...

you are a sweet grandma...I bet the teachers will really enjoy the banana bread...such a cute presentation...

Darlene said...

YUM that sounds delicious. What a great treat for the teachers!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin