Wednesday, February 18, 2009

working on.....


Hello friends..
I wanted to share what I am working on. This little project is for my office.
This was the top of a old dresser, I bought for $30. I painted and sanded the edges. Where the mirror was... I put sheet metal and turned into a magnet bullentin board. Thinking now.. a chalkboard, fabric bullentin board would have been stinking cute! In the bottom square- I am working on letters that say "Memories". I am thinking the solid color paint is a tad boring as well so I may add swirls, dots, checks or something??
What do you think?
Oh... and if you supersize the photo-- Yes that is me with Dennis Quaid!
Grins..
Valarie


PS..... This is my 91st post! I am having a blog give-way on 100! You won't want to miss it.. Will post this week-end!

3 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I love the dresser. Is that your blue house?? Love it!!
Oh my, you're a Goodwill and thrift shopper like me????
We need to talk :)
I love you blog. And I'm sure that I'm going to win that 100 post prize.
Please visit me at my blog when you have a minute or two....

Steady On
Reggie Girl

p.s. if bribery will help I'll send you a little of my homeade scuppernong AND Mayhaw jelly??? I'm absolutely not above it...

just a little bit shabby said...

How about one design on each piece?
To me checks are pretty hard to do, polkadots can be done with the new eraser of a pencil or something similar but larger for larger dots. What do you think?
Sandyt

Chloe's Couture said...

What a great idea, and of course a steal at $30!! Can't wait to see what the giveaway will be for you 100th post! Congrats!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin