Tuesday, December 28, 2010

house is quiet......

ALL the kids are back with friends, the grandsons are playing new games and not calling Mimi, Tim is paddling at the lake seeking solitude from all the Christmas frenzy! I thought while all was calm I would start taking down the Christmas tree..
My favorite part...  wrapping the memories of ornaments back in the tissue and boxes and store for next year.
Hope your day is joyous!
Valarie

*** edited to add 3 hours later, all decor down, Christmas tree down, and LOML is on his way home ... It was cold & raining out today, so I made a fabulous roast for LOML. A nice quiet day at home... much accomplished!! Whew.... I need a COKE ZERO! ***

6 comments:

Deb said...

got all mine down yesterday...kind of a relief....I do miss them though..

Stacey said...

I'm having a little alone time today too. My guys have gone camping. :)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Unknown said...

Valerie, no way, you are done putting away your Christmas and I"m still tweaking. I put the Santas away but everything else is still up. In my culture we keep the Christmas longer. We celebrate the 3 kings day on the six and after that we have what they called The Octavitas which is 15 more days. I don't do that long, I will keep everything winter until the 2nd and the winter looking stuff (sleds, ice skates, pretty greenery until the end of the winter. I simply love Christmas. It is good to meet another Texan. We are planning a whole weekend of shopping in your city sometime before the spring and the big shows. I can wait to see all the shops and the town. Would you be our guide? I have never been and it will be wonderful to know the good places. Have a Happy New, blessings,Marta.

red.neck chic said...

Good gravy... I'm green with envy. LOLOL I look at all my decorations - then I wander off to find something else to do. Needless to say - boxes are piled everywhere patiently waiting!

I hope you have a wonderful New Year with friends and Family!!!

;-D Robelyn

Kristen said...

I haven' taken mine down. I just got around to taking pictures tonight for my mother to see.

Your picture looks beautiful :).

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin