Wednesday, September 22, 2010

she's HomE!!


This past week-end LOML and I went to the RV show. LOML liked the  RPOD because of practicality, easy towing, brand new etc... no, not me!

Then we looked at this one - Called an A-liner.... no, not me either!!




I was still in love with this.... she needed some work.. but oh the potential she has!
image 1950634228-3
After much conversation and compromise  LOML said "get the dang trailer if you want it!!" 

HERE SHE IS now .. Home here in North Texas! She is so shiny - I love her front awning.. this is where the dining area is. She is 17 ft long..    




First thing I did was take down the very dark brown curtains. Tomorrow I will start the cleaning   scrubbing the inside walls, interior cabinets, line the cabinets with shelf paper. My goal is to paint the cabinets an off white, the interior walls are aluminium - not sure why they were painted white. I found a guy in town who will strip off paint and bring back aluminium and shine. Probably will not start this project until mid November when it is really cool outside and we have TImE on our hands! For now I am having the cushions redone... selected 4 fabrics of black & white.. and have curtains made out of burlap.  I will pull in some of my black & white junk from the blue cottage and we will be all set to go.  Sisters on the Fly trip Oct 7th and parent weekend at University of Arkansas week after.. so we are just cleaning her up and making a few changes before we take her out! 
 
Love the light covers ... so retro 63! 

and this... 
Please help me welcome her Home.. 
Hugs.. 
Valarie 

8 comments:

bj said...

o, you are gonna have fun fixin' her up and then going ♪♪ON THE ROAD AGAIN ♫...just can't wait to get on the road again....♪♪♫♪

We had the cutest one...sold it last year and now we are just sick. Only thing, it was olden and heavy and hard to pull. Now we are wanting a newer, lighter model but haven't really been looking yet.

So glad you got the one you love...
xo bj

Angela said...

Whoo-hoo!! She's a beauty! I know it'll be hard work, but fun results!!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Looks great, Valarie. I know she will look great after you are done with her. Can't wait to see the transformation.

mzzterry said...

welcome the new addition to your family. hope she brings you joy. glad you followed your heart. enjoy!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on Your New Trailer.... She's beautiful... Can't wait to see what you have in store for her.

Nancy
nancysvintagetrailer.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Congratulations on Your New Trailer... she's a Beauty!!

Can't wait to see what you have instore for her.

Happy Trailers,

Nancy
nancysvintagetrailers.blogspot.com

fiberdoodles said...

Too cute! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Valarie, I am SO glad your baby is home where she belongs!! And she is so pretty and sweet!

About that blue house on College, hubby has been in the hospital and I havn't made it into the real world in weeks. Is the blue house on college vacant??

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin