Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easy Peasy Apple Pie

Kim @Daisy Cottage, had an amazing pie recipe on her blog ... so I tried it! Yummy! My photo of the masterpiece below is not that pretty ... I should have taken a great photo with a piece of pie on a vintage saucer, with a cute napkin tucked in .... and I did think about that. But.... when it came out of the oven LOML & the angel grandson could not wait... and then when I went back to take the photo..... well you know the story....

















Easy Peasy Apple Pie

8 Granny Smith apples, cored & sliced
1/2 cup butter
3 T flour
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup water
1 box of two refrigerated pie crusts 
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
Melt butter in sauce pan.  Stir in flour.  Add sugars and water.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce temperature and simmer 5 minutes.
Place one pie crust in bottom of glass pie dish.  Fill with sliced apples.  Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top.  Pour liquid over apples.  Cover apples with remaining pie crust.  Cut slits into crust.  Set pie dish on top of cookie sheet and put in oven.
Bake @ 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 35-45 minutes. 

Thank you Kim.. it was amazingly easy to make and ohhhhh so good!!
Hugs,
Valarie


4 comments:

Imagery by Kimberly said...

Oh Yay!!!

I'm so glad you liked it and YOUR pie looks beautiful! It was easy, wasn't it? My kind of recipe.

;-)


Love to you Valarie!!!

xo,
Kim

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Looks yummy! I can almost smell it now. :)
Robin

BugnLVoe said...

Mmm I just love apple pie.

XOXO

Ginger said...

Hi Valerie:
I haven't been blogging much lately but wanted to come by and say hi, and then I see this delicious pie and can almost smell it. It does sound pretty easy, I could probably do this one without messing it up.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin