Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tour of Jon's apartment~

Sharing a photo of Jon-Eric's new space. This old dresser/night stand, the old books, the black candle sticks, he bought at a flea market in Ft Worth. The lamp is a Goodwill find, re-junktified and painted black with a new shade from Target. Silver trays courtesy of Mom. The mirror over the dresser/night stand I bought at Goodwill, painted black, the side wall is a trio of family photo's, and underneath is his college degree framed! (I hung that.. it was in his closet!!) The mirror's are the Goodwill find that I had blogged about before.. underneath is a trio of old luggage - looks nice in person. I would have shown you the entire bedroom however it is a bachelor pad, bed not made etc.. The bed is an old pencil post pine I bought in 1987, had in storage - painted it black roughed up the edges a bit. Looks great and of course he has black bedding. Very masculine. Notice the couch.. just like mine. We bought that couch at Goodwill still had the tags on it.. was a blue & yellow floral beauty, had it reupholstered. His entire apartment red & black. Wonder where he gets that?

The black mirror he found at a flea market, the cone shaped planter holding the red geranium was gold, I painted black, another Goodwill find. Shelf courtesy of Goodwill, candle sticks from Tuesday Morning, candles from Dollar Tree. The black trio holding the 3 candles, I believe that once was a hot item from HOME INTERIOR! Painted black.. pretty cute now!

Hope you enjoyed the little tour of my son's bachelor pad!
Valarie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NIce... very eclectic and yet all put together nicely. Great color choice with the black.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Unknown said...

What a great bachelor pad...and what a wonderful mom you are to get him all set up in a VERY cool place!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

It looks great!. It really does the the heart good to know your kids are in a safe and clean apartment with all the comforts of home with (Mom's help of course) I felt so much better when my girls moved out to their first apartments knowing they had nice things around them.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Mimi Sue said...

Cute, or should I say handsome, pad! I don't think my kids would let me decorate anything for them. You're lucky. Love that happy sign. I don't think I've ever seen one before. Mimi

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! How nice of you to say that!
Everything look wonderful and I love your red.
Eventually I will change my lawn swing. I love seasonal changes!
~smiles~

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin