Sunday, December 14, 2008

JUNK MAKEOVERS

Hey everyone.. wanted to share my junky finds from last weekend in my hometown! and share what I have been doing since last blog on Thursday!!
This mirror was not attractive, when purchased. I love it now, painted black. Don't you love the wheat bundle at the top of it? I love mirrors, and how they reflect back.

These little shelves were at Goodwill for a $1 each. Gave them a coat of black paint and put them in my kitchen for a little fun. (I bought 7 of these last weekend.. so you will see these popping up everywhere in my home!) Don't you love the MOTHER silver piece? I bought it off ebay.. love it! AND .. I have many sets of silver salt/pepper shakers! Love those too.. great for holiday dining table.


Then the plate collage, this is so NOT my creativity. Borrowed this idea from Tina @Cherry HIll Cottage. (http://www.cherryhillcottage.typepad.com). (Thanks Tina, you are my inspiration!) Many of the plates were my Grandmother's, 5 of them I found last week-end at a barn sale! The collage is displayed in my guest room, better known as my Mom's room! (check older posts to see photo's)

Just putting the finishing touches on the house (for the moment!) and getting ready for holiday parties, kids coming home from college and friends dropping by.

Enjoy your day!
Valarie

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin