Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Before & After

Remember WHEN YOU ALL VOTED HERE???  When I was going to make-over my dining area.

This was the before....
I loved all the color above in the before.. Was ready for a change!



AND NOW THE AFTER!! Welcome to my Nest!! 
Found this flirty buffet on craigs list - added a mantle out of my shabby room, brought out only my favorite silver pieces... and yes the buffet has great storage! I needed storage space for vintage napkins, silver pieces, etc..  
Brought all my mirrors to one wall for more of a WOW!! 

View from living area... Still have not put my roman shade back on french door...
Love the burlap runner with white ruffle... THANK YOU BECKY 
This is the view from the side door... i did purchase new table and chairs.. remember this post? 
Ruffled burlap valance!! Thank you Sallye .. I love it! 
This is the corner where the hutch used to be... totally opened up the space and gave me so much light! 
LOVE LOVE THIS LITTLE TABLE.... VERY OLD AND VINTAGE.. SHE IS NOT PERFECT AND I HEART HER! 
i am having some cushions made out of cotton and coffee bean bags... stay posted on those! 

love the new look.. clean, crisp & cool .. just waiting for spring! 


Hope you enjoyed the tour... Stop by anytime and please leave me a comment!! 
Valarie



22 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Beautiful!!!!I love it! You are so good at color and change! Me... I am still workin on it lol.

Fishtail Cottage said...

That buffet table is to die for..what a great find! xoox

Lady Butterbug said...

Valarie, Love, love your new room...especially the ruffled valances. Steve loves the parlor music:) Did you landscape the front yard??? Karla

Kristy Carberry said...

Big improvement! Thanks for sharing, stopped by from Savvy Southern's link party.

Andrea said...

Wow, what a difference!! The "before" was lovely, but the now is GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Lori said...

So wonderful! I know you just keep walking by and looking around. The burlap accents are great.

Unknown said...

thanks for visiting my blog, your room look amazing, I am following you now

Pattie

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Wow...what a change! I really like that it is so welcoming and relaxing feeling. Great choice!

foreverdecorating said...

Your transformation was fun to watch and love it now. Great look!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your buffet is really beautiful and I heart your little table, too!

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

I LOVE how your dining room turned out! The buffet is gorgeous. So glad I came across your blog. I'm a new follower.

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

FANTASTICO!
I love the new look. Where did you get the ruffled valance? I need one...

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

LOVE THIS! Come on ova' and link up to my Linky Party! xoxokara


*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

Stacey said...

Just perfect. :)

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Looks beautiful! Love those ruffled curtains!

Tammy @ Type A said...

it's gorgeous, it was beautiful before, but wow! i'm having a party today, i would love it if you shared this.

http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/03/anything-goes-party-8.html

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Valarie, Love the buffet..what a gorgeous piece!! Great room transformation and everything is lovely. Thanks for sharing this at my new party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Tammy @ Type A said...

thanks for sharing this at my party, i just love this room. beautiful

Linda Q said...

Like it before with the fun touches of red, I am a red girl! But it is always fun for a change and you did a beautiful job, bravo.
Fun to see, Linda

Secondhandrose said...

my favorite part is the ruffled burlap valance. I wish I could get my hubby to let me paint some wood furniture around here! Happy Saturday! come for a visit.

karen

. said...

Beautiful!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin