Saturday, May 21, 2011

Burlap coffee sack turned ROMAN SHADE!!

Remember when I said I had a project for the burlap coffee sacks,   


When we did a small make over on the kitchen here.... I hung several lace pieces on a wire with clips for a new look over my kitchen window sink. I loved it!  I also love change... so I took a roman shade that I had here before the lace and repurposed the front of it with the burlap coffee sack.

It is pretty stiff to work with (didn't allow for that) a bit dark (it is growing on me)  and with the Texas summer around the corner I need something to block out the morning sun coming in this window!

Amazing what you can do with free coffee sacks with a little imagination.... the other project is around the corner .... coming soon...  it's more coffee sacks!!  Thoughts?





Enjoy your Saturday!! 
Linking up with Mod Mix Monday! 
xxoox, Valarie 


10 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow I love it! Thanks so much for the lead on where to get fabrics for my sette...so nice of you, love your blog btw!

Diann said...

What a fun look! Great job.

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh. That looks fantastic! I can't thank you enough for sharing with me. :) I've been slow responding but we are in the last week of school...woo hoo!! It's crazy here. Now you are really getting me excited to figure out mine.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Oh...I love this! I love how the pattern on the feedsack compliments the red chandelier. It's just perfect in your kitchen. Love it! Thanks for linking up!

fiberdoodles said...

I love it!!

Cindy said...

Your shade is beautiful, I really love it.
Hugs, Cindy

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

I featured this project over at Mod Vintage Life today! Love it!

d e l i g h t said...

That shade is really great. I love it in your kitchen. The texture makes it so wonderful.

Comeca Jones said...

The window covering is too cute but the chandy Im singin her praises!(I think I have before but oh well lol)

Funky Junk Interiors said...

How cool! Love the one of a kind aspect!

Donna

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin