Thursday, August 4, 2011

ikea tea towels + burlap coffee sack = chair cushion

Remember when I said.... I had lots of burlap projects....  The cushions are burlap coffee bags I picked up for free, the ruffle is a .49 cent Ikea tea towel. I had the brainstorm to make the ruffle from the tea towel because I love the red stripe through the tea towel.... and the price of vintage linen with the red stripe is way too many $$$ for a fun project. I change things quickly around the blue cottage - did not want to make this a costly project.

Finished the dining chair project... Each chair cushion is different!










Love it? 
Happy Friday!! 

13 comments:

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Valerie, I just love the chair cushions, love the mix of the burlap with the ruffle, and and that the chair cushions are all different! Their so pretty!!!
Hugs~~ Daphne

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Very cute! I bought a lot of those dishtowels at IKEA thinking I could do something with them someday and now I have some ideas! ~Hugs, Patti

Alana said...

So cute! I applaud the ingenuity and craftiness. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!! Jana in Texas

Prior said...

Valerie, these are wonderful! Lezlee

Pamela said...

What a wonderful ingenious idea!! Love it! Also love me those Ikea towels! They are the best and ya never have to worry abt them getting ruined!

Lady Butterbug said...

So cute Valarie...your room looks great.
Karla

bj said...

These are adorable, Val. I love them. Really cute coffee sacks and the ruffles are wonderful.
So cute..I am pinning one. :)
Xo bj

Unknown said...

Love these chair cushions! Great idea :)

Cindy said...

Your new chair cushions look FABULOUS!!! I love them and the fact that you used IKEA tea towels is genius! You are one smart chick!
Hugs, Cindy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great job they look amazing!! Martina

Restore and Renew said...

Great cushions.
I am a new follower.

Kirsten said...

Hi Valarie! I have some burlap sacks that I had planned on using to cover some seat cushions, but ... I want to protect them from spills. I don't know if I should use some type of fabric protector, Scotchguard, Mod Podge for fabric? I know if you try to wash or clean/wipe, the colors will fade, run, bleed. What do you suggest? Love your cushions! ~ Kirsten

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin