Thursday, April 14, 2011

a sister ....


Remember when I shared our sister get a way recently.  Do you remember this adorable pink trailer I shared? The trailer's name is Hope!   

It belongs to Caren, a breast cancer survivor... a sister spreading the world and raising thousands for the cure... for you, for me, and all that come and go before us.
   



Her story... It all began in March '05 at age 36. Right then and there, I would strap on the pink gloves and fight for my life and never give up! 2011 will be my 6th year to attend the Race for the Cure in Fort Worth with team "Support Our Racks". I do believe you can't beat adversity without a little humor! Last year, I hit my goal as top fundraiser after 4 times in top 3. I have also participated twice in the Denver Race for the Cure and also in the DFW 3 Day Walk. I have raised over $60K with the help of friends, family & fundraisers. My current project & dream is just beginning, and stars a vintage '63 PINK Shasta travel trailer I have named "Hope". Hope is a survivor herself, and she too has some dings and scars, that gives her character, just like all survivors! I plan to "Spread Hope and Awareness One Mile at a Time" pulling Hope, having fun and Going to Bat against Breast Cancer!

Please click here and vote for Caren 



Thank you for showing sisterly love!! 




No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin